Periods of Recess
A maximum of four consecutive years can be suspended. There is no limit to the number of times you can use the service.
Suspended Members Services
The member services that will be suspended are as follows.
- Mailing of our journals
- ML (only information related to membership will be distributed)
- Conference Presentations (It is possible to attend the conference presentations as a general guest.)
- Election of Candidates for Board of Directors
- Voting rights for the election of candidates for the Board of Directors
You will be able to access your “My Page” while you are on leave. You can change your e-mail address registered on your “My Page” even while you are on a leave of absence. Please make sure that you are able to receive emails from us even during your leave of absence.
Only members who have paid their annual dues in full up to the year prior to the year in which they wish to take a recess may take a recess. If you have any outstanding dues, please complete the payment before applying.
How to apply
Once a year (around summer), we will send out an ML regarding the application for recess. Please follow the instructions in the ML to apply for recess.
You will have two opportunities to return to membership each year, in October and April. If you return in April, your annual membership fee for that year will be reduced by half.
Each will receive an ML 2 to 3 months in advance regarding the application process for reinstatement. This will be sent to all members who have taken a recess, regardless of the length of the recess requested in advance. Those who wish to return to the activities of the Society are requested to follow the procedures for reinstatement.
Steps to Reinstatement
– Applications received – Executive board meeting – Issue invoice – Payment of membership fee – Admission to membership It takes about two months to complete the procedure. If you are considering reinstatement for the purpose of presenting at a conference, please complete the reinstatement procedures well in advance.