Dear Members of the Japan Society for International Development
This is an announcement from the Election Committee. The following election will be held to select candidates for the Category 1 Board of Directors, term 12, of the Japan Society for International Development (JASID). Please participate in the voting.
1. Election Period
May 9th, 2023 (Tue) 8:00am ~ May 23rd (Tue) 17:00 (Japan time)
2. Electors and Candidates
1) Electors (those eligible to vote in the election):
Those who were members of JASID as of December 4th, 2022 (on the day of General Assembly). However, those who have issued a notice of recess are excluded.
2) Candidates (candidates for the election of Category 1 Board of Directors):
The list was finalized on April 9, 2023 (30 days before the election date), and the list can be viewed and downloaded by logging in to the member’s My Page on the Society’s website. Password* is required to view the file. Please use this list only for election purposes and refrain from copying or printing it.
*Password are emailed to eligible members.
3. Implementation Method
It will be an online election using the web election system.
1) At 8:00 a.m. on May 9, two e-mails will be sent to each member from the JASID Election Administration Committee. The first one contains a URL to access the web election system.
- 【国際開発学会 選挙管理委員会/JASID】Notification of Board Member Election System Login ID (1/2)
- 【国際開発学会 選挙管理委員会/JASID】Notification of Board Member Election System Login PW (2/2)
2) How to operate the web election system
Please refer to the following.
Election System Operation Manual (PDF) (Japanese and English, English starts from page 10)
[How to use the web election system (YouTube) English version]
4. Election Helpdesk
During the election period (May 9~23), a help desk will be set up by the election administration committee members. If you have any problems, please contact us by email.
For technical matters, the committee will contact the contractor of the web system, so it may take about one day. Thank you for your understanding.
5. Ballot counting and reporting the results
1) Date and time of Ballot Counting:
May 23rd 2023, 18:00
2) Date of reporting the vote results to the members:
Newsletter to be issued on August 1, 2023 (Vol. 34, No.3）
6. Term of office of the next Board of Directors
Three years from this year’s General Meeting (until the General Assembly in three years)
For details, there is a dedicated website about the election of Board of Directors, term 12, of the Japan Society for International Development:
Election Administration Committee
Elli Sugita (Chairperson)
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Election Administration Commission
- election11 [at] jasid.org (replace [at] with @)