The 34th Annual Conference website is now open!
We have started accepting presentation proposals.
As in previous years, we welcome proposals for three types of presentations: (1) oral presentations, (2) poster presentations, and (3) special sessions/roundtables. Please find below detailed information regarding each of these presentation types. The language of presentation should be either Japanese or English.
★Proposal submission period:
5 July (Wed) – 5 August (Sat), 2023
(1) Oral presentation
– A JASID member can propose and deliver a presentation orally, either as an individual or as a group. Co-researchers, whether presenting or not, should preferably be members of the Society. The presentation duration is 20 minutes.
(2) Poster presentation
– A JASID member can share research findings in a poster format, either as an individual or as a group. The presenter can interact with the audience in a more free style than a formal oral presentation. The poster will be displayed in a location and time allocated by the conference organizer.
(3) Special session and round table
– A JASID member can propose and organize a “special session” which consists of multiple presentations on a specific theme. One chairperson and two commentators are to be proposed. Non-JASID members can present, provided they can make important contributions to the session. The session duration is two hours. When submitting a proposal, the convenor is requested to submit a session abstract and those of each individual presentation.
– A JASID member can propose and organize a “roundtable” which is characterized by active discussion among presenters and attendees on a specific topic. Non-JASID members can present, provided they can make important contributions to the roundtable. The session duration is two hours. When submitting a proposal, the convenor is requested to submit an abstract of the proposed roundtable. Submission of individual presentation abstracts is optional.
1. Proposal submission
– All the relevant information regarding the proposal submission can be found on the conference’s homepage. If you are interested in presenting your paper at the conference, kindly review the details carefully and proceed with a submission.
★ Information about proposal submission:
– The eligibility criteria for presenters vary depending on the presentation category. Please refer to the relevant information provided below (in Japanese).
– Here is some information regarding the eligibility criteria for presenters.
Current Society members: The payment of annual membership fee for the year 2023 must be shown as “paid” in the membership payment site (SMOOSY) as of August 5, the last day of the presentation submission period.
New members: They must complete their membership application by 30 June 2023. Payment of annual membership fee for the year 2023 must be shown as “paid” in SMOOSY as of August 5, the last day of the proposal submission period.
2. Where to submit your proposal
– Proposals must be submitted online via the URL below.
– You need to create an account to submit a proposal. To create a proposal, please follow the instructions provided in the URL below. If you presented a paper at the 2022 Annual Conference or the 2023 Spring Conference, you already have one.
– Please use the same email address you use to log in to My Page on the JASID HP for submission. The submission site is linked to the membership information on My Page. By using the same email address, you will not need to provide information such as your name and affiliation when you register.
– If you wish to choose an online presentation, please select “online presentation” during the submission process.
★URL for proposal (abstract) submission:
3. Conference format
– Following the 2023 Spring Conference in Akita, the 34th Annual Conference will be held face-to-face (not in a hybrid format).
– One of the parallel sessions will be held fully online. It will be possible to present a paper and/or participate from a distance.
– If you wish to participate in an online session at the conference site, you will need to bring your own computer or tablet and log in with your eduroam account.
4. Participation in the conference
– Registration to attend the conference is scheduled to start in early September.
– The conference registration fee can only be paid online by a credit card.
– Printed copies of the conference proceedings will not be distributed to attendees. Those who have paid a registration fee will have access to the Proceedings online in advance of the conference.
- Proposal submission deadline: Saturday, August 5 (no late submission accepted)
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: Thursday, August 31
- Conference registration opens: Early September
- Presentation paper submission: End of September
34th Annual Conference Executive Committee
Chairperson: Taro Komatsu (Sophia University)
- jasid2023fall [at] gmail.com(replace [at] with @)